
So I decided to begin a blog that "documents" the progress of my wedding! Hopefully this isn't just for me and others take a peak and give me their opinions on some of the options I am sifting through!
I guess it would be appropriate to explain how Patrick and I met. It all started at Kern Schools Federal Credit Union. We were both tellers at the branch located on the corner of Gosford & Stockdale. This branch is now closed :( Fortunately, we became friends before this happened! We actually officially began dating on January 15th, 2008.
Patrick and I had begun talking about our future, and how we both knew we wanted to be together forever. He proposed to me on May 10th, 2009 (Mother's Day). He was over at my house that morning and made me breakfast while I was getting ready. He told me that I needed to go eat because my waffles were getting cold :) I walked into the kitchen to sit down at the bar while Patrick was in my room doing something, when I saw a beautiful mahogany box next to my plate. It had a note on it that said "Open Me." So, of course, I opened it! Inside was another note that read "Will You Marry Me?" along with my beautiful ring (above)! I didn't say anything right away because Patrick wasn't in the kitchen with me! I walked down the hall to my room and peeked around the corner at Patrick. I had the biggest smile on my face, and so did he. I walked over to him and said, "Yes!" I told him he could breathe as he put the ring on my finger! My mom was in the other room and knew what was going down. She crept in slowly and told me see expected me to scream! Patrick did a great job because then I got to go to church and show my new ring off!
Since the proposal, I have been so excited with all the joys of wedding planning. My parents are being so generous in providing us with the funding for a beautiful wedding and reception. So far, we have decided on a few major details. The date will be June 12th, 2010! The ceremony will be held at my church, Central Church of Christ. We booked our reception at the Women's Club. This site is perfect because we will be needing a larger venue for the 200 guests we will be having!
Photography is the one of the most important elements to me, as most everyone knows! So I've been having a great time checking out all the websites and pictures of other people's weddings. I have met with a photographer that I love! Her name is Amanda Frank and her business is called Frankly Yours! We haven't made the final decision to go with her yet because we are still waiting for some prices. Check out her website, she is amazing! Just click here! We were also recommended to check out Misty Dameron's website as well.
We are now focusing on the catering aspect! I believe we are looking at Mossman's Catering because we know they have great food and they are affordable! We haven't actually set down with them to discuss details, but I'm sure that will be happening sometime this coming week or next.
We also already decided who is making our cake! Her name is Paulette and she has done quite a few events for our family. While her cakes aren't as fancy as some are nowadays, they are absolutely delicious! I know it will definitely be white cake with white frosting, but past that I have no idea!
Our DJ is very important as well! We want our reception to be semi-formal, but still a very fun atmosphere. Gabe, from Party Boy Productions, will be our DJ/MC. We have seen him in action and is such an awesome DJ! I actually worked with him at Kern Schools for a brief period. He will also be provided any lighting that we decide upon. One thing we definitely will be having is Patrick's last name, Bailey, and our wedding date lit up on the dance floor. It's actually pretty inexpensive and dresses up the dance area!
Colors are sort of decided upon. I found this awesome picture (above) that I have been basing my color scheme on so far, but it could change! I want my wedding to be bright and young and eye catching and I feel like these colors do just that!
Our bridal party will consist of 5 people on each side. My Matron of Honor is my best friend since high school, Ashley. The bridesmaids will include: Tyann (a friend since junior high), Sara (cousin), Kacie (cousin), and Erica (cousin)! I think these girls will be awesome and they all know how to have a good time! Patrick's Best Man will be his brother Andrew. The groomsmen will include his friend Tyler, cousin Jack, and friends Brock and Ty. This will be a fun group as well!
I know it seems I have planned a great deal, but I am just trying the get the major details out of the way. Since we are having a wedding in June, a very popular wedding month, I wanted to make sure nothing got booked! I will be posting tons more, I'm sure! Give me your opinions or suggestions please!
Wow girl you really have planned alot. It is really good though because you dont want to be stressed out at the last minute doing things. Let me know if there is anything you need help with or an opinion on. I really love the colors too they are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I'm just way excited :) I'm glad you like the colors!!! I know they are bright but they are really fun too! I will definitely need your opinion on some things! Thanks for your support!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to both of you! You MUST meet with Jacqueline Pilar. She's such an amazing photographer here is her website although she doesn't have much up to date on there. She can bring her laptop to show you some amazing slide shows of her work. Plus you'll just love hanging out with her!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pilarreflections.com/
and don't forget to check out my website!!!
http://www.weddinginvitationsaccessories.com/
xoxo
Lacie
Thanks Lacie! I will for sure check it out!
ReplyDelete